Currently, there are over 1,000 meetings in the Cleveland Ohio District Office Area. Any two of us may constitute an A.A. meeting but an A.A. Group must be able to carry out the primary purpose of our fellowship and that is to carry its message to the alcoholic who still suffers. Therefore, it is important that each Group be established and stable when it is put into the meeting schedule book.
Before you request to be added as a new group, ask the following questions:
- - Is there another group in the area that is the same day, time and type?
- - Is another group really needed or are there other motives for starting the group?
- - Has my group got a core of home group members that have supported it for a number of months on a regular basis?
- - An A.A. meeting listed in the meeting schedule book should be open to all Alcoholics although it may be restricted to men/women only, etc.
- - An A.A. group should never be named after a person, living or dead. An A.A. group should never be named after the institution or facility in which it meets.
- - Pick a name that is unique enough so that it will not be confused with other groups.
After submitting the following form, you must contact our office and speak with David at 216-241-7387. His hours are Monday thru Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm.